Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rumble rumble rumble...

I like to think myself as an independent person. I do my own stuff, my own way and anything that i want, in my own ability. I do not ask anyone for help (unless really really necessary >.<), partly because i feel that they'll be going through the extra trouble for me. And me, being a normal person, is not worth going through the trouble for.

Perhaps this is why i feel really irked if someone asks me for my help, purely for their own convenience.

"Can you drive me to the grocery store? I need to buy something." "Can you help me bring in my laundry when you get home?"

Come on. You can do this on your own. Why do you need me to help you do this? I get the impression that i'm being taken advantage of. The only times where such feelings don't apply are:
1. The person is a really really good friend (You want to come grocery shopping with me? Sure. You want me to come grocery shopping with you, just coz you can take advantage of my car? Bullshit).
2. The person is in a tight spot and desperately needs my help (You need me to help drive your friend home coz he/she feels unsafe? No problem. You went out for dinner on your own and want me to fetch you home coz you're too friggin' lazy to walk? Get a life).
3. The person can do it on his/her own, but will go through enormous trouble (Fetch you from the train station coz you have huge luggages to carry? Not a problem. Fetch you from the airport? No way!).

Do you like being told what to do or think? I surely don't. I don't like to be told what to do and how to feel. If i feel angry, i dun need someone to tell me that i should feel happy instead. I dun need someone to tell me that we are going out for dinner tonight. What if i dun wanna go out for dinner?

I do what i wanna do, and i dun need some farkin idiot, who doesn't know me, to tell me what i should or should not do! If you had ask, it would have been fine. But if you had simply assume or just said so, you have just pissed me off. Call me selfish. Call me uncouth. Call me hostile. Call me unfriendly. Call me uncooperative. Call me whatever you like. I dun friggin care. Neither do i need the opinion of somebody, who irks me, irritates me, or doesn't know me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sayang sayang darling....who pissed you off? oliphant give you back rub let you relax a little yes?
muack!

Jude said...

hmm.. housemate must be. it's ron!

Anonymous said...

aiyoh who is the one who has been irritating you?? must be the housemate(s)...hee...

honestly i did feel bad sometimes hitching a ride from you guys who owns a car. i only oblige if you guys were adamant about it.

one samaritan act which i can never forget is that when you helped this Sabah girl. u drove from your house to pick her up from her work place which is at the jap restaurant. u remember tat incident? this Sabah girl sought Li May's help to fetch her cos the night b4 her boss took her for a ride to Gong beach and it freaked her out. Li May called me for help and I called you to help us. and you willingly obliged. and we can't thank you enough esp the Sabah girl.

do whatever you can afford to do to help someone. helping others have to come from the heart. nobody can force you to help that person or people. nevertheless i know you are a guy with a big heart. cos you have helped me many times and so were the rest of the gang. (esp when you guys help me to move house) and i can never thank you guys enuff.

-flowerger-

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...u make me laugh!

FruitChick

Unknown said...

@oliphant: hee... thanks, dear. will claim that back-rub from you when you come over. :D

@puppetress: ron's not my house-mate. think your info wrong liaoz. :p

@flowerger: like i said, i'll help if its really neccessary or desperately needed. the sabah girl really needed help, so i was willing. plus we are good friends, so i dun mind helping you out (although i might complain good-naturedly abt it :D). i just hate it when pple take my help for granted. >.<

@fruitchick: is my post really that funny? hhmmm...