Sunday, December 10, 2006

Whither Whence a Winter Wonderland?

It has been a most busy week. Although i've tried to clear as much work as i can, there is still a bit of work thats gonna carry over to next week. I can only hope that its not gonna happen again on a regular basis. -.-

-----

My colleague was so sick, he only worked for two weekdays. As a result, i had to attend a meeting for one of his projects, on his behalf. Being a bit of a gambler himself, he is quite determined to make up for his loss of pay due to his sickness, by betting on this weekend's soccer matches. :p

-----

If you just came back from a holiday and was due to set off the next day for a company trip, someone calls you for a favour by doing a bit of work before you go for the company trip, would you be most vexed and sian? And you would most likely take it out on the person responsible, would you not?

That was what happened to me. Only that i was the person responsible. -.-

My boss had asked an officer to takeover a substation for one of my projects. The officer was in the above said circumstances and had agreed as a favour to my boss. So, on Friday, i went down to the site and met up with the officer to inspect and handover the substation.

My first sentence was to apologise to him because the substation wasn't ready.

His reply and first sentence was, "Then what the fark am i here for? I purposely come down as a favour for your boss and now you tell me it isn't ready?"

It went rapidly downhill from there.

A most auspicious start to the end of the year.

Sighz... -.-

-----

I finally managed to put my photos up, using PhotoBucket instead of Flickr. PhotoBucket's account allows you up to 1 Gb of photos and videos. Flickr? A paltry 20 Mbs. -.-

I've never been really impressed with Yahoo somehow. There are programs out there which are better than it e.g. Google, Hotmail etc etc. And i reckon the slideshow effects for PhotoBucket are a lot more interesting as well. :p

All my photos were taken with my camera-phone. I don't air-brush them coz i've never been bothered to learn Adobe Photoshop. And i don't take pictures of myself, coz i dun want an outbreak of people falling dead when they see how fugly i am.

What you see is what you get. :)

6 comments:

kruder said...

What an unfortunate incident you got yourself into.

Anyway, time to update your links! no more 'kinkynomad' liao!

Unknown said...

@kruder: yeah, it was. His sian-ness and vexation was understandable, and i'm relatively new so i couldn't pacify him nor inspect the substation properly. >.<

Updated your name liaoz. :)

kruder said...

flickr is unlimited storage if you purchase a 'pro' account which i did and i like the funtionality of the site. pretty nifty where you can leave notes and comments. :)

Anonymous said...

what mobile are you using? It's really gd pic quality.. have this artistic feel to it. I lyke!!!

work is always a bitch but for sure you can deal with it. :)

Unknown said...

@kruder: Ah. But you see, my philosophy is 'You Should Never Pay for Anything On The Internet'. :D

I guess its really personal preference in the end. :)

@pinkys *wait, hang on, its...* dramaqueen: Thank you. I'm using the Nokia 6131, i think. The flip-phone. :p

Yeah, i'm sure i can deal with work. Just as long as i don't let it get ahead of me. :)

bigbanana said...

I have to agree on the shortcoming of flickr but it is fast becoming a popular site.

I also have to agree that photobucket gives you more bang for the buck. Well zero buck.