Sunday, April 15, 2007

"When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane." - Hermann Hesse

You know how most people get their fixes, to relieve their stress even if only for a moment? To make their day easier, to make their burden lighter?

There are people who have their 'speed' fix. Most people smoke or take caffeine. Some take marijuana. Some take heroin. Some take drugs.

Well, i have a confession to make.

I have a fix.

Without it, my day gets a lot harder.

Without it, i have withdrawal symptoms. I shiver and have 'running nose'. I will feel listless and have no energy for work. Without it, i just want to lie on the floor, hug my knees to my chest and sleep.

Yes, i have an addiction.

My addiction is...

... ...

Sweets.

And they can't be just ordinary sweets. My addiction is to mint-flavor sweets. Clorets, to be specific.

*snorts up the nose* Aaahhh... Grade A.

Yes, i know. I should be ashamed of myself. I am a healthy man with a bright future and to have such an addiction, i am a disgrace.

But i can't help myself. Believe me, i want to quit. You must believe me. You must.

:D

-----

Yes. I know. I am truly going insane. Blame it on my work. >.<

4 comments:

Green Ogre said...

Hey, it's cheaper than weed or ciggies or coffeine.

flowerger said...

thank God its not sex :p

Unknown said...

Green ogre: Yep, and a great deal less unhealthy too. :)

Flowerger: Was that the first thing that came to your mind? Tsk tsk. I'm disappointed in you. :D

nadnut said...

i love clorets too. my speedfix is redbull. heh