Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A man’s home is his castle. But it shouldn’t have to be a fortress.

It doesn't get any easier when you visit the Mandai Crematorium for the second time.

The final shutting of the door. The soul-rending wail of despair. The last good-byes. The heart-breaking moments. The moment when you realise that the person is gone forever.

The touch of death is cruel and heartless. When it touches your extended family, you are left cold and hollow inside.

When it finally touches my family, I really don't know how I will be able to cope.

二舅母, commend me to God when you see Him. May you rest in peace and enjoy Heaven's grace.

2 comments:

Teabie said...

may she rest in peace, and my condolences to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I felt when my mum left me, alone last year. I still miss her a lot a lot..