Monday, July 11, 2011

We hurl through an incomprehensible darkness. In cosmic terms, we are subatomic particles in a grain of sand on an infinite beach.

I didn't really know him that well.

Whenever i visit her, he would always be sitting at the family dining table quietly, watching the television. He would slowly half-raise a hand in greeting, when i called him. I felt satisfied by his acknowledgement and, maybe it's just my imagination, his silent approval of me.

When he entered the hospital, it seemed strange that he started talking to me. Once silent at home, he started asking for my name and we exchanged pleasantries. He seemed a lot better and livelier too.

When we visited him again, he was about to do some blood tests. The nurses were starting to wheel him away. When he saw us, he raised a hand in greeting and, maybe it's just my imagination, smiled. It was almost as if to say: Hello. Thank you for coming to visit me. I'll be back in a while and we can chit-chat again.

That was our last image of him.

It's been one year since he left us. She still feels the loss keenly, as if it were yesterday.

Even though i don't know him that well, i'm still affected by his passing away. I want to tell him that we're getting married and have his blessings to our marriage. I want him to be happy to see that his granddaughter is getting married. I want him to see how happy his granddaughter is.

I want him to attend our wedding.

Grandfather, i hope you're in peace. Please give us your blessing in our marriage. She misses you a lot.

No comments: