Sunday, November 06, 2005

Golden Memories and Silver Tears

Has anyone reminisce about their past?

sometimes my past strikes me and i start to relive what i had done in my earlier days. i start to brood on how childish i was, how nerdy i was and how annoying i must have been. how many times have i bitterly repent my actions and i truly wish i could turn back time and change what i had done. it causes me no end of grief, chagrin and embarrassment whenever i dwell upon my stupidness, foolishness and naivety. it makes me wonder how i could have any friends at all. come to think of it, i'm not even sure if they consider themselves as my friends. now thats a truly depressing thought and hence this post's ironic title. >.<

would changing the past make me a better person? or would it confine me in a shell of immaturity? given a choice to remake my past, i can't say for sure if i will accept the offer. between being happy with who i am and the possible future of a better me, i'm undecided. but one surety lies in mind: to have met and love my oliphant is the greatest thing that has happened to me and i won't trade/change it for all the jewels i have seen or own.

P.S: sorry if this is a little too mushy, but this is MY blog and i can write whatever i like. so there. lol...

3 comments:

Rand said...

why are you apologizing?

Anonymous said...

I think it's sometimes good to look back and reflect. When you realise the flawed person you were once in the past, goes to show that adversities in life has embraced you to maturity and mould you in your own individuality.:D

You are great person with an overwhelming benevolent heart, I am sure enough your friends chose to stay being your friends because of that, and that my friend, overweighs any big or small flaws you have with you. :D

Unknown said...

@pinkys: wah. your first paragraph is so deep. see? you're not a bimbo. hee... thank you for your compliment and your confidence in me. :)

i guess i'm kinda in a melancholy mood right now. i'll shake it off when i reach singapore and see my gf. :D