Friday, April 28, 2006

Another mushy post...

"The Flower God's cries,
Disheveled in the Wind of Flowers.
Disheveled in the Heaven's Winds,
The Heavenly Demon laughs."

- Eighth Squad Captain, Shunsui Kyoraku in Bleach Episode 56

Just a particular verse that i really like. It holds no particular meaning and is probably just a random piece of japanese poetry. Or maybe its simply because i really like the anime Bleach. Or maybe its just me and my deluded opinion. So here is another post on my delusions. :D

"My life for your life.
My death for your life.
My life for your death.
My death for your death."

- Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Love. Its like a butterfly: The more you try and catch it, the more it eludes you. When you're not looking for it, it comes to you. How many of us have looked for it and failed? I had. How many of us have truly found it? I have.

"'My life for your life.' That means that while we live, we share the joy of living with each other.
'My death for your life.' I would be willing to lay down my life to save yours.

'My life for your death.' I will spend my life avenging your death, if i can't prevent it.

'My death for your death.' A part of me will die, when you do."

- Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Perhaps its me and my deluded opinion, but i think love can cure anything in a relationship. Anger. Depression. Frustration. With soothing words, love can drive such feelings away, as the sun drives the thunderclouds. I love my oliphant. She has always been there for me, sharing, encouraging and supporting. I can't wait for us to start our lives together. Is there any other feeling can be better? Yes. The knowledge that she loves me for who i am, and loves me for how much i love her.

"I used to think love would be enough, that it was some type of magical elixir we could sprinkle over the world and end all hatred. I know now, it's not true. Love's water is clear and pure and sweet, but it isn't magic. It won't change anything."
- Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

So, call me naive. Call me innocent. Call me ignorant. Call me whatever you want. I will still continue to believe that love is paramount in a relationship and that it can cure anything.

But will it end all hatred in the world? Sorry, but i'm not that naive. Hatred is a bitter-tasting brew. Some people have drank it for so long that they have become a hollow shell, forgeting the sweet taste of life. Perhaps they need a new reason to live for. Perhaps they need love.

"He had held onto his hate for so long, his hands would feel empty without it. Perhaps it would be better to find something other than death to fill them."
- Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone obviously got himself a new book...=p
-oliphant-

Xia_mi_mi said...

Theses poems are great~! Is it from a book? Care to share its title? =)

Unknown said...

@oliphant: yeah, i bought a few since i came back here. haiz... with so many books, packing up when i head home is gonna be a pain in the ass. hee... *kiss* :)

@xia mi mi: erm... the first poem is taken from the cartoon/anime Bleach. the characters in the cartoon chant poems before they release their power, so i dun think there is a book for that. :p

as for the rest, they aren't really poems, but passages taken from a book called Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. >.<

Xia_mi_mi said...

Ok..cool.. =)

I love those quotes / phrases in this entry, whatever it is.. =)

Anonymous said...

I think, when you love someone that much, you are still going to love the person still no matter how hard you try to forget him/her. What is true love anyway? Being with the person you love for the rest of your life or loving and be loved just the same and just as much and yet are not together in life...

Love... It pisses me off sometimes lol!

Unknown said...

@xi mi mi: hee... thanks. :)

@pinkys: heh? how come love pisses you off leh? i do agree with your definition of true love though. :)

Ang Ku Kueh said...

why don't you try The Immortals by Tracy Hickman himself? solid!