Friday, May 26, 2006

My Last Day in University

Its already Week 13 of my last session in uni. I really can't believe how fast time has passed. Its quite amazing how the four years here in wollongong is coming to an end. Somehow, i'm looking forward to the next chapter of my life: working and living a married life. You read and hear about it from books and friends, but i suppose there is nothing quite like experiencing it for yourself.

Having said that, i've just handed in my last three assignments for this session. I even worked till 6.30 in the morning. I was a bit surprised at myself on how late i stayed up, considering i'm more of a day-person, rather than a night one (like my oliphant >.<). In any case, i woke up this morning at 10ish and worked till 2ish in the arvo before handing all three in. Feels good, i must say, as i think i did a fairly good job for all three.

My reason for staying up so late? Out of the three assignments, two were group ones. I paired up with another singaporean and another aussie for either one. No prizes for guessing which group assignment i stayed up late modifying (and if you can't guess, continue reading >.<). (-.-)

I hate to say this, but my singaporean partner was simply atrocious. His citing for internet information in text? Just the website address. His reference list at the back? Just the website address and the date accessed (for some of you who have written essays before, you should know this is really really the wrong way >.<). And this is coming from a person who has finished his thesis and gotten 70%! He has the cheek to tell me that he uses the exact same method in his thesis! And this university is reportedly the best in teaching standards? His references weren't all that fantastic either. Some of them were second-hand information, of which he could have traced back to the original website.

Its such people who really make me wonder how they could have obtained their degree. And so, i stayed up all night correcting his references and english. (-.-)

After handing in all three assignments, i went back home to catch up on my sleep and only regained consciousness just before dinner. Even now, i'm starting to feel a little tired. Think i'll go back to sleep after this post.

This weekend, i'm gonna finish up my thesis. I'm only left with the conclusion chapter, as well as my supervisor's suggestions and corrections after his proof-reading. I must admit, i'm slightly apprehensive about it. Although it feels good to finish writing it, i'm doubtful as to whether i can get good mark. When asked, my supervisor said that i have certaintly done enuff work for a good mark. But still, i can't seem to shake off this nagging feeling of approaching doom. :p

After this weekend, i'm gonna start on exam revision. My exam dates are 3rd, 8th and 13th. All evenly spaced out, which is all good. Gives me ample time to prepare. Till then, i dun think i'll update much. To those who even bother checking this sorry excuse for a blog, this is to let you know that i'm still alive (though barely >.<). And to those who wish for my demise, sorry to disappoint you. :p

Now, if you'll excuse me, i'm off to become a hermit for the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea time flies real fast...its so surreal when u go up on stage to receive that piece of paper that worth thousands of dollars and many pines of blood and sweat. its all good i must. a good ending. cherish every single minute of it cos u gonna miss so much when u start working...

all the best for ur exams :)

-flowerger-

Jude said...

does she knows shes getting married soon???!!

kruder said...

Whoa. married life eh! so i will be expecting your invitation soon yah.

Unknown said...

@flowerger: thank you. think i need a miracle more than i need luck though. :p

@puppetress: erm... we are definitely getting registered, which in my opinion, is getting married. :)

@kruder: erm... the point of this post is about my last day in uni, not about getting married leh. >.<

and yes, if you sponsor our wedding dinner, you will receive our invitation. :D