Thursday, September 07, 2006

Days of sheer unmitigated blah

Apologies.

I know i'm suppose to concentrate on my new job, post stuff on how irritating my job/colleagues are, and to get over my break-up. If so, you might wanna skip reading this post. If not, read on at your own risk.

Don’t leave me alone
The cry in the night

Of anguish heart-striking

Of soul-killing fright.

Live for my living

Or else I must die

Don’t leave me alone.

A world heard that cry.”

-
“Dragonsinger: Harper of Pern” by Anne McCaffrey

“I walked fast because I wanted to be exhausted by nightfall. I made sure that I was too tired to dream. The only trouble with that plan lay in the fact that everything in the Vale aroused memories of Poledra. Have you any idea how many snowy owls there are in this world?
- “Belgarath The Sorcerer” by David and Leigh Eddings

“‘The tears I feel today
I’ll wait to shed tomorrow

Though I’ll not sleep this night

Nor find surcease from sorrow.

My eyes must keep their sight:

I dare not be tear blinded.

I must be free to talk

Not choked with grief, clear minded.

My mouth cannot betray

The anguish that I know.

Yes, I’ll keep my tears till later:

But my grief will never go.

- Menolly’s ‘Song for Petiron’”

- “Dragonsinger: Harper of Pern” by Anne McCaffrey

“Juggling comes naturally to everyone. We juggle our friends, keeping one in the air while we squeeze attention from another.
We juggle our work with pleasure, our needs with our shame, and even our love with our hate. Everyone juggles, all of us trying to keep as many balls in the air as possible, trying to grab at each opportunity before it comes crashing down at our feet.”
- “Tanis: The Shadow Years” by Barbara Siegel and Scott Siegel


On MSN...

adam said: Got your sights on a new woman yet? Get back on the horse if ya fall off cowboy

Jason: trying to occupy myself said: Nah. I dunnoe if i can find another girl like her and if i WANT to find someone like her.


Yesterday with friends...

Friend: Try and find another one lor.

Me: Its not as easy as it sounds. We’ve been together for long. You just can’t say find another one, means find another one lor.


The above quotes from books and conversation with friends describes my feelings at the moment. With my new job at the moment, it does help keep my mind off things. But there are so many things that remind me of us when we were together.

There is only so much that a job can help keep one's mind off, i suppose. *melancholy sigh*