Saturday, November 04, 2006

"You have to play ping pong for 12 hours to lose one pound." So much for exercising. -.-

It has been a draining week for me. I had meetings for various projects from Monday to Wednesday. Came Thursday and Friday, i had to rush on several tasks for my boss and client. I honestly believed that i could've slumped asleep on the floor, on the way home last night.

Next week doesn't seem to look any different, judging from my diary of events.

Oh joy. -.-

Weird Piece of News One:
A couple of weeks back, i hailed a taxi to go for a meeting. Shortly after setting off, the taxi driver suddenly turned to me and asked in mandarin, "Do you like to eat curry?" 0.0

Shocked as i was, i hastily murmured a somewhat affirmative reply. He then proceeded to chat happily on the various food stalls that we passed along the way to my meeting place.

Now. I totally understand that taxi drivers get lonely and want to chat as a way to relieve their boredom. I just wish that they have a better way of starting a conversation.

Turning to your passenger shortly after you pick them up and asking them if they like to eat curry, is not my ideal way of starting a conversation. -.-

Weird Piece of News Two:
We went to visit our malay colleague's house today for a somewhat belated Hari Raya, though it was probably more of an excuse to have a gathering of sorts. :p

I arranged with my friend to meet up at the nearby train station at 12pm, since the visit was scheduled at 1pm. Turned out the train came slow and he texted me to say that he would be late by 15 mins.

When i finally set off and reached there at 12.35ish, thinking i was late and that he had already arrived, it turned out that he was even later. He finally arrived 5mins after i reached the said train station, complaining about how long the train took to arrive.

Since we were planning to take a taxi to our colleague's house, he was to join the taxi queue while i went to buy some chocolates as a gift. When i came out, he had disappeared from the queue and a silver van was frantically horning with its occupants waving hysterically to get my attention.

It turned out to be two of our colleagues who were on their way to the house too. They were suppose to pick up the rest, but took a wrong turn and by sheer chance, saw my friend who told them that i went to buy chocolates. So we went to pick up the rest and went to the house in one big group.

So. In summary, i met up with my friend 40 mins later than arranged, went to buy chocolates while my friend waited for a taxi, and our colleagues saw us at the taxi stand by chance because they took a wrong turn.

Talk about making the right mistakes. -.-

2 comments:

flowerger said...

why curry? why not fishball noodle or laksa or char kway teow or chicken rice?

Unknown said...

@flowerger: well, apparently there was a stall nearby that serves pretty good curry. -.-