Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Little Help Goes a Long Long Way...

As i read Ang Ku Kueh's post on the bone marrow drive, i pondered if i should go for it. This morning, i decided.

All it took was my text to confirm my attendance, head down to the place, 5 mins to fill up the form and my signature to say that i was willing to donate my bone marrow, and 5 mins to take my blood sample.


Thats it.


A person could spend 5 mins, a little blood and his/her agreement to help a fellow human being, who is cancer-stricken, probably in pain and bed-ridden.

Or.

A person could be selfish, ignore their cries and pleas for help while trying to wish them all to the moon so that he/she can get on with his/her own life of pursuing his/her own happiness and his/her own ambitions.

Personally, i think the choice is a no-brainer.

I've done my good deed for the day/week/month.

How about you? :)

3 comments:

flowerger said...

well done! proud of ya :)

Jude said...

i already told my family to donate all my willing organs if i die in an accident.

haha. i will live on in someone else's life. and if anything happen to me, this is proof of my willingness.

Unknown said...

@flowerger: thanks. :)

@puppetress: the thought of you living on in someone else's life is quite scary. *shudder* :D