Sunday, January 21, 2007

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

"Molly, please, just talk to me. I thought, the last time we spoke, that we understood each other. Now you don't speak to me, you turn away... I don't know what changed, I don't understand what is happening between us."
- “Royal Assassin” by Robin Hobb

Do you know how sometimes you feel so confused?

Do you know how sometimes your heart tells you to do something, but your brain doesn't want to?

Do you know how sometimes your instinct screams for you to do something - anything! - to prevent hurt and sadness? But your cold sense of logic tells you bluntly that its none of your business so why should you care?

Do you know how sometimes you wish that things wouldn't have happened this way and that if you could travel to the past, would you try and do things differently? But then again, due to the time paradox proposed by Albert Einstein, you could never change the past no matter how hard you tried, but thats another entirely different matter...

Do you know how sometimes you wish you were a robot, and then you wouldn't need to be troubled by such pesky and frustrating things called Emotions and Feelings?

Do you know how sometimes you desperately want someone to tell you how to think, what to do and how to react?

Do you know how sometimes you just want to put an end to all this?

So many questions, so little answers...

“I left my daughter and my grandson deep in a discussion with Brand, and made some pretence of leaving the Isle. I didn’t, however. I went up into the mountains behind Riva’s city instead and found a quiet place.
Then I crumpled and wept like a broken-hearted child”
- “Belgarath The Sorcerer” by David and Leigh Eddings

12 comments:

Joyolicious said...

Do you know that I'm feeling exactly the way you are?

'Let me be, in the cold, till death do me part.'

flowerger said...

you need to get out of the island and go for a holiday, somewhere quiet and serene. calm and clear your mind and thoughts.

bigbanana said...

AUSTRALIA!!! Else go Bintan or Langkawi, cheap and good.

Anonymous said...

Hey ... I know how that feels *hugs* take care yah? Go overseas. I did that. It really does help. :)

Unknown said...

Joyolicious: Well, lets hope that the both of us recover from such ill feelings soon. :)

Flowerger: Yeah, i think i need a holiday too. How sad am i, that i need a break after only four months into working life. -.-

Bigbanana: Heh. Rest assure that Australia will be my first stop if i do go overseas for a break. I miss the life there man. :p

Depressive freak: Well, once i have the money and the time, i'll definitely make the trip overseas. :)

flowerger said...

lets go for a holiday together?? remember our sapphire coast trip? i had fun :)

Anonymous said...

I also want holiday...

Never guess, you are a dramaking yourself :)
We all have our dramaqueen moments.

When I feel like that you know what I would read a book! Or read news. Or just read just about anything to feel something else.

Or worst case scenario, I would listen to Britney Spears and sing "boom boom!! Boy you look so sexxyyyy!!!" and dance. And sing more and dance. :)

or you can always opt for a hols and not listen to any of my nonsense. :D

Unknown said...

Flowerger: We'll see if i can make the time and money for the holidays first, shall we?

And you better confirm, chop, stamp and guarantee that you're going hor. Wait later i confirm can go, you tell me cannot. -.-

Dramaqueen: 0.o Erm... I think i'll opt for the holidays instead. :D

Anonymous said...

you guys going to sapphire coast trip huh? where is that?! come visit me in Brisbane laaaaaaaaa!!!

bigbanana said...

Eh flowerger and ensui can come over and do a road trip up to brisbane and see dramaqueen.

Ensui: Time you have to make available. I always believe that if someone really wants to do something, they will make time out for it. *grin*

Anonymous said...

so agree with bigbanana. (dunno why but I like his cliches so far esp his 'eat snake' method) Mr Bigbanana got a lot of wisdom going on there ah :D

Unknown said...

Dramaqueen: The Sapphire Coast is a stretch of beautiful scenic coasts south of Sydney. We'll come and visit you, once i can haul your sister's ass off here and we make enuff money and time. :)

And dun encourage Bigbanana, can? He's bad enuff as it is. -.-

Bigbanana: Question is, will you and Caffeine Addict be able to come with us? Two of us only no fun leh.

Harlow. You are one to talk, you slacker. So you're trying to say you didn't really want to update your blog last year lah, since you keep saying you dun have time to do it. :D