Sunday, February 18, 2007

"Hold no man responsible for what he says in his grief." - The Talmud

“I am not a changeable man,” he told me. “If I had loved her, I would love her still.”
So. It would never go away.”
- “Royal Assassin” by Robin Hobb

What must i do to drive the haunting memories away?

Why do the past memories return just when i think i've succeeded in banishing them?

No.

No.

I will not think of you anymore.

No.


“Are you all right?” I asked him.
“I’m better off than you are,” he replied sincerely.
“I meant your shoulder. I had thought…”
“Wrenched, but not broken. Much better than your heart.”
A quick bantering of witty words. I had not known he could weight a jest with so much sympathy. The kindness pushed me to the edge of breaking. “I don’t know what to do,” I said brokenly. “How can I live with this?”
- “Royal Assassin” by Robin Hobb