Sunday, December 16, 2007

And what better way to celebrate a religious holiday than with a month of frenzied consumerism?

Have you ever wondered how strangely our minds work? There seems to be a small part of us that defies logic, that defies all reasonings and theories, that goes against all common sense.

Even if we know that something is bad for us, we still continue doing it. Even if we know and reason to ourselves that its wrong, our minds still involuntary stray to the left path and not the right one.

No, its not curiosity nor the lack of discipline. Neither is it the peer pressure nor the circumstances which we are in.

For example.

We know that smoking is bad for us and for our health. But yet, we still continue to smoke.

We know that some of our friends don't like us to say certain things or do certain things. But yet, we still continue in saying it or doing it.

We know that by doing certain things, we will get into trouble. But yet, we still continue to do them.

We know that this festive season is also the period where people tend to get depressed and lonely. But yet, we still continue to feel melancholy and alone.

We know that a failed relationship was not our fault, nor due to us. But yet, we still continue to wonder if we could have done something so that it wouldn't have failed.

Our minds are truly strange. No matter how convinced we are in something, we still tend to do/think otherwise.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for Fool's dance of chances to put in my msn name.. and i found your blog.
You like awesome books.

Merry Christmas
=]

Anonymous said...

I am horribly depressed this season too. I feel like going up to all those lovey dovey couples along Orchard Road and slapping them. *sigh* I should curb my violent tendencies.

The Christmas season juz magnifies loneliness and depression infinitely.

Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Colie: Heh. Credit to the authors. I used to only read David Eddings, Raymond E Feist and the DragonLance series.

But after reading Robin Hobb's Assassin series, i think i much prefer Robin Hobb's writing style. :)

Anonymous: Its funny, isn't it? We blatantly know that we will get depressed during this period, but yet somehow we can't seem to avoid it.

Wait till Valentine's Day. I think i'll go bury myself into a hole and hibernate for the whole February. >.<

Anonymous said...

Oh ... I wun be in denial this V day. I'll buy a bunch of roses and start whacking those couples with it.

Oh no. My violent tendencies are getting to me. :-P

This V-Day's must see: My face on the headlines!

Anonymous said...

i like christmas. Christmas reminds me of Mr Bean. Hanging his own sent cards on the strings... and giving his teddy glasses...

I like the lonely feeling during christmas. Don't know why... In a way, it's serene. To be alone in a festive season. Weird I know...

Unknown said...

Anonymous: ... ... o.o

I think you need help. Fast. :D

Dramaqueen: Yeah, the melancholy feeling is nice sometimes. I understand. :)