Sunday, December 23, 2007

Be careful, or be roadkill!

Today, while i was waiting at a major junction at Bishan, i felt a cold, hard stare focusing at me.

I looked across.

Its white body was sitting low and menacing on the road. Its body shape tensed, like a puma ready to pounce. Its hostile stare continued to bore through my entire being, challenging every car on the road.

It was a white Audi R8, the latest super-car from the German manufacturer.

"Driving most super-cars is like trying to man-handle a cow up the backstage. This... is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly."
"I'm um... I'm completely sold. As far as i'm concerned, this car is almost without fault. It is absolutely stunning."
- Jeremy Clarkson in "Top Gear" Season 10 Episode 2


Later at a minor junction in Ang Mo Kio, i waited for the green light. When it came, i heard the smooth loud purr on my right. There was no mistaking the audio pleasure.

A shining and gleaming prancing horse adorned its back, pronouncing its breeding proudly. With a smooth flowing body and heritage glowing through the chasis and metalwork, it was a beauty.

It was a light blue Ferrari. As i didn't see the front, my guess is that it was a F430.

"So the handling is like the engine: brilliant. And so are the brakes, and so is the steering, and so is comfort, and so is the quality."
"Even the driving position is perfect. In fact, i'm struggling to think of anything wrong with this thing."
- Jeremy Clarkson in "Top Gear" Season 6 Episode 8


I want both cars for my Christmas present. :D

-----

Update:
24/12/07
As i looked across the street, something catches my eye. From the front, it looked like an ordinary Lamborghini Murcielago.

Until i admired its back.

A single great big exhaust stared right back at me. Its engine glass cover displayed the full glory of its sleeping giant. The giant oil cooling aperture on its left winked at me, as i gaped in wonder.

It was an orange Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

"You get 500 carbon dioxides and 640 brake horsepower. Thats more than you get from a Porsche Carrera GT or a McClaren Mercedes SLR! Its more than you get from a Zonda!"
"The result is spectacular. This is not a light car, but my god its fast. Properly. Savagely fast."
- Jeremy Clarkson in "Top Gear" Season 9 Episode 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the same lamborgini at orchard the other day!! I swear!!

I pointed it out to my bro beside me and said to him "look!! A lambo!!" and then the next thing I said was "which idiot would buy a lambo in spore?!!!"

Unknown said...

Heh. Well, you could always bring your super-car to Malaysia and have a go at their race-tracks over there. :)