Tuesday, June 03, 2008

They say the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines.

The things which i found out when i got back from Down Under include, but is not limited to the following:

  1. Each time i stay with Caffeine Addict and Big Banana, i'm always subjected to menial labor. When i graduated and on my last day in Australia as a student, i helped wash the car. This time, on my last day of my one week break, i helped them to move house (I know Caffeine Addict is gonna kill me for writing this, but its true mah >.<).
  2. It feels much better to walk in Sydney than to walk in Singapore. Perhaps the air is fresher, or there is a right mix of people and cars. Whatever it is, it just feels better.
  3. There is a certain association with Caffeine Addict and Big Banana, with Korean food. Mix at your own risk of a veryveryveryfull-bulging-almostgonnaexplode-tummy.
  4. There is also a certain association with Caffeine Addict, Big Banana and our other friends, with camping outdoors. I thought the camping for 2 years in National Service would have cured all urges to do so in the male Singaporean population. I know it did for me.
  5. After a long discussion with Caffeine Addict, perhaps i should start thinking of extending my horizons. Not everything is what they seem. I will ponder on this.
  6. I'm still in a hazy dream-like state, hallucinating that i'm still in Australia. Please bear with my intoxicated ramblings.
  7. A good book can really sustain me. I can go without food, water or human contact, totally absorbed and engrossed in the imaginative world weaved by the book.
  8. I found out that my boss postponed a company dinner, just for me to return from my break. It was initially scheduled on Friday when everyone could be present, but my boss chose to postpone it to Monday when i returned. I'm speechless.
  9. The two boxes of chocolates and three containers of nougats which i brought back for my colleagues yesterday, are almost all gone. All within one working day. I think my present company of approximately 20 employees, has an appetite of approximately 200 employees. I need to bear this in mind when i go on holiday next time.
  10. I'm still in a hazy dream-like state, hallucinating that i'm still in Australia. Please bear with my intoxicated ramblings.

No comments: