Sunday, January 04, 2009

People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.

“Maybe you have to keep your pain and loss to know that you can survive whatever life deals with you. Perhaps without putting your pain in its place in your life, you become something of a coward.”
- “Fool’s Fate” by Robin Hobb

I'll like to add to this email, if i may. :)

There is something i wanted to say after the sharing session. I didn't get a chance to do so, mainly because 1) i forgot, and 2) i didn't want to look like a bawling baby (although i think you guys already know that -_-)

It has been ten (10) years since we known each other. I'm ashamed to say that i was extremely childish, naive and brash during JC. I'll give everything in the world to change my past actions and deeds. I think i'm not that far off the mark when i say that i was an outcast and shunned by all of you during JC.

And because of my past actions, i'm glad that you guys still treat me as a friend and not as a stranger. I'm glad that you guys still welcomed me. I'm glad you guys invited me for this trip. I'm glad i went on this trip to know all of you again and renew our friendship.

This trip has really changed my life. Although it may sound a bit dramatic and cliche, i really do think its true. I've gotten to know all of you, which i never did so during JC. I even managed to talk to each and every single one of you, which i never did so during JC. I just hope i can continue to have fun with you guys and that you will always welcome me, no matter how fugly and fat i become and how sucky my attitude is.

Thank you, guys, for everything and most of all, for being my friends

“I could wish you a ministrel’s happy ending to your tale, “much love and many children”, but I do not think it will come to be.”
- “Fool’s Fate” by Robin Hobb

No comments: