Sunday, April 19, 2009

I call a ten year time out to grow some more.

Eh. I don't think i'm sitting in your car. If i do so, there will be three people at the back. If there's a jam, they are going to suffer.

Okay lor. I anything one. But why you so stupid? Got car to sit, you don't want.

*outrage* Stupid?! I'm trying to be considerate here. I'm thinking for those people at the back.

*chuckles* Okay lor. Whatever.

Why is it that when you try to be considerate, people laugh at you for doing so?

I had always believed, perhaps childishly, that if you followed the rules, you would be protected, that things like that would not happen to you. Afterwards, I felt … tricked. Foolish. Gullible, that I had thought ideals could protect me.

Honour and courtesy and justice … .they are not real, Fitz. We all pretend to them, and hold them to us like shields. But they guard only against folk who carry the same shields. Against those who have discarded them, they are no shields at all, but only additional weapons to use against their victims.

- “Assassin’s Quest” by Robin Hobb

No comments: