Saturday, April 11, 2009

If you don’t get a good night kiss, you get kafka dreams.

"Take my memories of my mother, and the feelings that went with them. I do not want to know them at all.

Take the ache in my throat when i think of Molly, take all the sharp-edged, bright-colored days i recall with her. Take their brilliance and leave me but the shadows of what i saw and felt. Let me recall them without cutting myself on their sharpness.

Take my days and nights in Regal's dungeons. It is enough to know what was done to me. Take it to keep, and let me stop feeling my face against that stone floor, hearing the sound of my nose breaking, smelling and tasting my own blood.

Take my hurt that i never know my father, take my hours of staring up at his portrait when the great hall was empty and i could do so alone.

Take my memories of that tower-top, of the bare windswept Queen's Garden and Galen standing over me.

Take that image of Molly going so willingly to Burrich's arms. Take it and quench it and seal it away where it can never sear me again..."
-"Assassin's Quest" by Robin Hobb

No comments: