Monday, February 14, 2011

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.


*kneeling down* Miss Panda Koala Lai, will you marry me?

*gasp* Is this our ring?

*proudly* Yep, it is.

*inspecting it* Wow. It looks very different! It's very nice!

*getting nervous now* So? Will you marry me?

*With a smile almost bursting her happy face* Yes!

(...)

I think you better go home and tell your parents the good news.

*looking a bit nervous* Orh. Ok.

*reading her thoughts* Don't worry. I've asked your parents for permission to marry you already.

*surprised* When? How come i don't know?

*smug* That day lor. During lunch, and when you were in the toilet.

(...)

*curious* So you passed the ring to the restaurant the day before?

No lah. They are more afraid than me, 'cause they might...

*understanding and completes the sentence* ... lose the ring.

I passed it to them just now.

*surprised again* When? How come i never notice?

*smug again* See? Planning. *explains* You enter the restaurant first mah, so your back was facing me. I passed to the waiter during that moment.

So. As it turns out, everything went almost perfectly.

All the preparations were worth it. Just that one single happy smile and a "yes" redeemed all my efforts and everything i've done.

The next step is even bigger and needs even more planning. Let's hope i can do it as flawlessly and as smoothly as before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mela! ^_^