Sunday, February 11, 2007

"If we could not forget, we would never be free from grief." - Bahya Ibn Paquda

“It is what I feel for him. He must be first in my life. He needs that from me. Understand this. It is not that I no longer care for you. It is that I cannot put that feeling ahead of what is best for him.” She went down two more steps.
“Goodbye, Newboy.”
She no more than breathed those final words, but they sank into my heart as if branded there.”

- “Royal Assassin” by Robin Hobb

You left me.

You have found another.

Although i nearly went mad with grief,

Although my heart still yearns for you,

Although i am trying my best to forget you,

Although i miss you badly,

Although i want to hate you but i can't,

“What can I give you, what can I tell you to make you understand what you are to me? I can’t just let you go!”
“No more can you make me stay,”
she pointed out in a low voice. I
felt something go out of her. Some anger, some spirit, some will. I have no word for it.
“Please,” she said, and the word hurt me, because she begged. “Just let me go. Don’t make it hard. Don’t make me cry.”
- “Royal Assassin” by Robin Hobb

Although i want you back,

Although i still think of you constantly,

Although i still love you,

I wish you all the best.

I hope you'll be happier with him than you were with me.

I hope you live a happy life.

“I do not know what I looked like, only that she looked aside as if she could not bear it.”
- “Royal Assassin” by Robin Hobb

-----

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.