Sunday, November 25, 2007

Do you think love is nothing but a biochemical reaction designed to make sure our genes get passed on?


In that last dance of chances
I shall partner you no more.
I shall watch another turn you
As you move across the floor.

In that last dance of chances
When I bid your life goodbye
I will hope she treats you kindly.
I will hope you learn to fly.

In that last dance of chances
When I know you’ll not be mine
I will let you go with longing
And the hope that you’ll be fine

In that last dance of chances
We shall know each other’s minds.
We will part with our regrets
When the tie no longer binds

- “Fool’s Fate” by Robin Hobb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No.

I think love is a state of mind.

I think that people are perfectly capable of being in true love with things, moments and other assorted stuff like that besides another human being.

If you learn to love your world, although life will no doubt be painful, but it will also be hugely rewarding :)

Unknown said...

Heh. I'm sure love truly exist. I guess that question was just rhetoric. :)